Running Blog‎ > ‎

A few more days...

posted Mar 6, 2013, 3:14 PM by Kimberly Fares
Only a few more days until our 5K on Sun March 10, 2013. I'm nervous and excited! Yesterday I jogged for 6 miles around Lake Murray. I would say I jogged 80% of the time and walked the other 20%. I was really shocked and proud of myself, especially since my original plan was to jog 3 miles and walk the other 3 back. Once I got to the end of the lake and turned around I just kept on running. Had plenty of energy and was breathing really good. It's actually funny because the first 15 minutes was awful and I was thinking "what did I get myself into signing up for this race." By the end of the 6 miles I was stoked thinking, "I got this!" I'm hoping to finish the race on Sunday. I had great scan results today at the oncologist's office. NO cancer detected! Staying on my same treatment plan as a backup. Things are definitely looking up!
Comments